Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not only in regions with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the duration of fruit-bearing of greenhouse plants or year-round usage.
The Benefits of such glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation will protect plants from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of this room.
- Double glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and consequently saves energy.
- Packages won’t suffer from strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service lifetime of glazing together with proper handling is over just a dozen years.
- The decorative appearance of glazing enables you to not hide the greenhouse in the backyard, and put in it even in the front lawn. Some owners of original shape greenhouses make them the main decoration of their yard or backyard.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of essential functions, including special coatings for heat and energy savingprotection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
Procedure of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, that can be equipped with devices with the use of automatic launching. This is extremely convenient, since not necessarily the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse in time. For instance, the French are using such greenhouses since the late 16th century to the current day. Rest assured: that a glass will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t retain UV beams, which masterseptika.ru are crucial for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, consequently letting you take advantage of the power of sunlight.
- If you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, then this arrangement can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, intense heat and also strong frost is not going to be a problem with the structure ).
- For greenhouses made of glass is distinguished by excellent insulation. Furthermore, there is an opportunity to put in heating apparatus inside them.
Of course, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, which ought to be taken into consideration when building it. For example, the simple fact that glass is quite heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), has to influence the existence of a good foundation, in addition to the construction of a strong structure – frame.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the translucent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar power. It’s absorbed by dark surfaces (ground, equipment, plants), turns right into long-wave radiation and remains within the structure. This transformation happens with the discharge of heat, which creates a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
So, glass windows perfectly allow the sun’s rays within the room and nearly completely retain the back radiation, not permitting it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving material, which is one of the main attributes of a great greenhouse.