Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by means of a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top position among this elegant assortment is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of rich selection of textures and colors, such floors look spectacular and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid timber, therefore it is frequently employed as the primary element for decorating floors.
One of the favorable properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they 1poshtoram.ru contain clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not poor to floors made from natural wood or stone.
However perfect this material is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of artificial laminate may comprise:
- The large price. The product, that may last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made of special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The 2 kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are readily available.